Avery County Schools Policy Policy Code: 6200
GOALS OF STUDENT FOOD SERVICES
The Avery County Board of Education recognizes the importance of students maintaining proper nutrition so that they are ready and able to take advantage of educational opportunities.
The goals of the student food services program are as follows:
• operating the food services program efficiently so that earnings may be used to reduce the cost of food, serve better food or provide free/reduced price lunches to indigent children;
• enhancing students' ability to learn by providing nutritional meals at school;
• minimizing obesity and encouraging life-long healthy eating habits consistent with the health education curriculum;
• offering students a variety of nutritional foods; and
• providing courteous service to students, employees and authorized visitors.
Legal References: 7 C.F.R. Part 210; G. G.S. 115C-47(22), -263, -264; State Board of Education Policy SHLT-000
Revised: 3/20/06; 4/28/17
Avery County Schools Policy Code: 6200 Page 1 of 1